Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays!


It's Christmas Eve and I'm enjoying every second with family but in the business of deadlines, work is never really done. I kind of miss the days of doing the 9 to 5 getting it done and relaxing at home, till the next day,....kind of. I love working when I need to, as some of you might relate to, when I am taking a break or in this case enjoying a Holiday, the business of my undone pages looms securely over my head. It's always a case of never enough hours in a day, but I'd have it no other way.

This has been an extremely trying time in terms of money and pursuing what I love, but it's sacrifice for the greater good and a more prosperous future, which can't always be measured in dollars and cents. I only hope my girlfriend and daughter feel the same way when they look back and remember the gifts I made for them instead of bought.

In some ways I feel richer these days and hope that it's even possible to experience more happiness than I have been. It's a race for time in order to complete this latest project, the "Farm", that I am learning new things on and stretching myself in terms of mood and drama. The new year holds much promise and I'm very fortunate that anyone out there even cares to look at what I do and get something from it.

I'm going to digress here but I just saw "Rocky Blaboa" and in it he says, it's not that we get kocked down, but the fact that we can get knocked down over and over and keep coming. That's been my life for the last 10 years it seems like. On my ass most of the time, but I'm still hear and I'm still dreaming. Have a Happy new Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home