Saturday, January 20, 2007

Men and Women


You know, I think about a lot of random things daily. To the chagrin of my girlfriend, these thoughts tend to culminate in my vocalizing them... to her. It's funny because, when I am drawing and want to talk to her or even listen, she wants to play Sims quietly without me pestering her contemporary state of Zen. Then, when I'm taking a break to watch one of my many manly shows with her, like, Ugly Betty or American idol, she unleashes a wordy river of thoughts that hang in the air as sound and fade away as I slowly try to listen but really want to "listen" to the program instead. (It's just timing people) In the end, both are compromised and I still get scolded while missing some integral plot point. Believe me, I do love to listen and engage in conversation with my partner but it's difficult to grasp the habits of women. Happily long married couples, realize at some point that "she" is always right, even if "she" isn't. It's just easier that way.


In the workplace it's even more treachurous to comprehend where a woman "really" stands. To be honest, I feel more sorry for them because they must outmaneuver each other. I mean, politics is a part of the work environment but at least men play this game with some degree of honor. It's sort of linear thought for us. For them, it's, "Hi" accompanied with a smile and or a hug with the premise of genuine interest. Then, they go around and say and or feel something else altogether. They back- stab, lie, insinuate, ect. That my friends is the meat of why communication is an issue. We don't speak the same language. Not to say that men don't lie, or aren't without deceptions, mostly though it's for very simple motives. The female motive is buried so deep at times that I doubt she knows why. BTW, they mostly play these games with each other.

I have had the misfortune of meeting the rare breed of male that behaves like a woman. With indirect communication and the same sugar soaked fake smile. Still, they are a rarity and not to be trifled with, just simply avoided. I am very comforted in the fact that most of us guys while, generally ruled by our ID, the primal basic nature to spread our seed and conquer, it's these basics that make us so easy to figure out. The opposite is true of the other gender that while I won't try to fully understand, I truly appreciate for all the virtue they bring in terms of practicality and inner strength.

I had no idea where this came from.....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for what You are doing!Information, that I managed to find here
is extremely useful and essential for me!With the best regards!
David

1:36 PM  
Blogger Rudy Vasquez Penciler said...

Thanks David, like what? I'm just curious.

10:34 AM  
Blogger TMALO70 said...

Rudy,

Great Drawin' Man... "If" or "When" this one gets inked, I hope You post it... Cuz' i for one would like to see the "End" result... Interestin' View Point on Men and Women... And, Thanks for addin' me to Your links section...

Later,

Tony

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this place, where people can leave their ideas and opinions, it's great!With the best regards!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home