Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Opossum!


The Opossum!

Yes, that's right you heard me correctly. The Opossum! I know, it's a little odd hearing that and relating it to comic books but is it? It's comics after all and I can think of another rodent turned the symbol of hope for a city called Gotham.

Anyway, last summer I was invited to be a guest at a fledgling Con down in the gulf of TX (TABLE Con), in Brownsville and McAllen Texas specifically. I was invited by Nino Mesarina, (of Too Much Laundry Detergent Man, fame) and the talented team of Omer Garcia III(Glitch) and Aaron Moses (The Opossum).

They were great hosts. We visited South Padre island for a great dinner and I met a lot of nice fans. I was fortunate enough to make new friends and colleagues and be introduced to their local comic book offerings. This always excites me because I am reminded as to why I wanted to start working in this industry to begin with.

The Opossum has a lot of potential as do the creators I met. There is an abundance of talent in south Texas and plenty of kindness. Take some time to say Hi yp these guys on Facebook or Myspace and inspire one another. Till next time.

www.theopossum.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home